Monday, August 2, 2010

good days and less good days

Some days are golden, people tell me how awesomely cool my boats are. My spirits soar and I feel like the luckiest guy in the world. More often I am working on some new thing (alone) and noone is cheering me on. I just keep marching on, taking care of business.

Orders come in and I feel validated. No orders and I start to worry a little. The day to day fluctuations don't mean much, all businesses have ups and downs. What matters more is the long run. Will I sell enough boats to stay self-employed? Or will I have to get a J-O-B to supplement my income and keep my head above water?

As you might guess, the prospect of getting a job after nearly 20 years employing myself is daunting and in a low moment a bit depressing. The job market is tight (I hear) and I am in my 50's which makes it even harder to find a job. So I keep moving forward praying for a miracle... or a great marketing idea.

If you have any ideas, I am ready to hear them, I'm listening.......

No comments:

Post a Comment